||Carlos J. Melendez,
Major U.S. Army (retired)
||CIVILIAN QUALIFICATIONS, 1981 to
- Certified Fraud Examiner (C.F.E.)
- -Certified International Investigator, CII
- -Private Investigator, Class C License #0001855,
- -Private Investigative Agency, Class A License
- -FAA Commercial Pilot, Helicopter/Fixed Wing
- -Concealed Weapons License #8807739, Florida
- -Certified Fraud Examiner, CFE
- -Notary Public, State of Florida
- -Resolution Trust Corporation Approved Vendor
- -United States Coast Guard Licensed Captain
- -YMCA Certified SCUBA Diver
||CIVILIAN EXPERIENCE, 1981 to Present
- -Independent Contractor Investigator for
investigative agencies, corporate, insurance and law firm clients.
- -Established Investigative and Security Consulting
Company in 1982 and Florida Approved Investigative Agency in 1984.
- -Security Director, The Green Companies, DATRAN
CENTER, Miami, Florida.
- -Security Consultant, MIAMI INTERNATIONAL BOAT
- -Security Consultant to Property Managers: One
Biscayne Tower, Southeast Financial Center Building, and 1221 Brickell.
|| INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES
- - Amster, Rothstein & Ebenstein, New York
- - Akerman, Centerfitt, Eidson, Miami
- - Baker & Hostetler, Washington, D.C.
- - Barger & Wolen, Los Angeles and New York
- - Beard, Winter, Toronto, Canada
- - Brown, Forbes, Chochla, Burnes & Aikins,
- - Bushkin, Gaims, Gaines, Jonas & Stream, Los
- - Danziger, Bangser, Klipstein, Goldsmith, et al
- - Daniel, Wilson, St. Catharines, Ontario
- - Foley & Lardner, Van DenBerg, Gay, Burke, et
- - Goulet & Associes, Montreal, Canada
- - Gowling, Strathy & Henderson, Cambridge,
- - Kelly Drye & Warren, New York and Miami
- - Karon, Morrison & Savika
- - Kriendler & Kriendler, New York
- - Kuhn & Muller, New York
- - Holland and Knight, Miami
- - Levin, Middlebrooks, Mabie, Thomas, Panama City,
- - Milling, Benson, Woodward, et al, New Orleans
- - Pavia & Harcourt, New York
- - Pattishall Mc Auliff Newbury Hilliard, Chicago
- - Preston Gates Ellis, Los Angeles
- - Rogers & Wells, New York
- - Samis, Blouin, Dunn, Toronto, Canada
- - Shea & Gould, New York and Miami
- - Shutts and Bowen, Miami
- - Smith, Lyons, Torrance, Stevenson & Mayer,
- - Steel Hector and Davis, Miami
- - Weisman Celler Spett & Modlin, New York
- - Weissman, Dervishi, Borgo & Nordlund, P.A.,
- - Williams & Connolly, Washington D.C.
- - Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, Boston
||INSURANCE COMPANIES & CORPORATE
- - Aetna Insurance
- - Caterpillar Inc.
- - Chubb
- - Johnson & Johnson
- - Cigna
- - Cordis
- - Equitable Insurance
- - Microsoft
- - Firemans Fund
- - Intel
- - Gates McDonald
- - CPC International
- - John Hancock
- - 3M
- - Lloyds of London
- - Epson
- - Massachusetts Mutual
- - Reebok
- - Minnesota Mutual
- - Nike
- - Northwestern Insurance
- - Ryder Systems
- - Paul Revere/New England
- - Cayman Airlines
- - Atlantic Mutual
- - Challenge Air
- - Travelers
- - Alamo
- - Western World
- - Chanel
- - UNUM
- - Fendi
- - USF & G
- - Nintendo
||MILITARY CAREER: (1961-1981)
- - Enlisted in 1961
- - U.S. Army Infantry School
- - Officer Candidate School
- - Airborne
- - Ranger
- - U.S. Army Aviation Flight Training Center, Ft.
- - Rotary Wing Officer's Course
- - Fixed-Wing Multi-Engine Airplane
- University of Southern California - U.S. Army
Aviation Safety Officer/Aircraft Accident Investigator's Course, 1974
- Aviation Staff Officer: conducted aviation
inspections of combat aviation units in the areas of training, operations, plans, safety,
budget/facilities planning throughout the United States, developed and wrote war plans,
managed flying hour programs ($5.m annual operating budget), conducted aircraft accident
- Awards and Decorations: Distinguished Flying
Cross, Air Medal w/28 Oak Leaf Clusters, Bronze Star w/3 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army
Commendation Medal w/3 Oak Leaf Cluster, Joint Commendation Medal, Good Conduct Medal,
Combat Infantry Badge, Expert Infantry Badge, Parachute Badge, Ranger Tab, Army Aviator
Badge, Senior Army Aviator Badge, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnamese Service
Medal, Republic of Viet Nam Campaign Medal w/'60 device, four overseas bars, 2,300 (+)
accident free flying hours.
· Assignment Highlights.
- Enlisted in U.S. Army in 1961 as private E-1.
- Graduated OCS, Fort Benning in 1963.
- Assigned to 7th Infantry Division, Korea,
- Training Officer, Ft. Jackson, South Carolina.
- Graduated Flight School, 1966.
- Served with 129th Assault Helicopter Company
and First Brigade, 101st Airborne Division in the Republic of South Viet Nam, 1966-1967.
- Rotary Wing Flight Instructor/Flight Commander,
Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, Georgia 1968.
- Reassigned to 101st Airborne Division (Air
Assault) in Viet Nam, 1969-1970.
- Aviation Staff Officer, Aircraft accident
investigation team, Aviation Training, Safety, Plans and Operations, Aviation Inspection
- SIXTH ARMY HEADQUARTERS, Presidio of San
Francisco, California, 1971-1974.
- U.S. ARMY FORCES COMMAND, Atlanta, Georgia,
- FIFTH CORPS HEADQUARTERS, Frankfurt, West
- 2nd Armored Division, Ft. Hood, Texas,
- U.S. Army Detachment, CARIBBEAN CONTINGENCY
JOINT TASK FORCE, Naval Air Station, Key West, Florida, 1979-1981.
Commissioned Second Lieutenant, Infantry, 1963.
- Served as Infantry Training Officer for Basic
Trainees in general subjects: hand-to-hand combat, bayonet training, rifle marksmanship,
and physical training.
- Airborne Qualification, Ft. Benning, Georgia.
- Ranger training: leadership, infantry tactics,
survival training in mountain, desert & jungle terrain, demolitions,
counter-insurgency guerrilla warfare.
- Army Aviator, fixed (Multi-engine) and rotary
wing rated, with dual instrument rating.
- COMBAT: Served two tours in Viet Nam, 1966 -
1967 and 1969 - 1970.
- Rotary Wing Flight Instructor and Flight
- Aviation staff officer: Plans and Operations at
Four Star Level (Major Command) for CONUS Forces, Corp Level Staff (V Corps) West Germany,
and Joint Command (CCJTF Key West) from 1971 to 1981.
- Aircraft accident investigator.
- Aviation Safety Officer.
- Retired twenty years (1961-1981), honorable
discharge, with last assignment at Key West, Florida.